Your Patient Portal helps you facilitate better communication with your physician’s office by providing convenient access to your medical records 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from the comfort and privacy of your own home.
What is the Patient Portal?
Capital Area Health Network (CAHN) is now offering our patients easy and private access to their medical information online. You are now able to view your personal health record whenever and wherever you have access to the Internet! Gain access to your private health information and receive periodic updates and reminders from your doctor on your personal email address!
What are my Patient Benefits?
With your Patient Portal, you will have access to:
Appointments – request & keep track of appointments
Lab Results – receive and view latest lab results
Medication – request prescription refills
Medical Records – view your personal health records
Messages – send message to clinical staff
How do I Get Web-Enabled?
To gain access to the Patient Portal on our secure serve, become web-enabled simply by signing up and providing us with a person (non-work) email address. You will be able to securely login with your username and password, and gain access to your personal health record and other helpful features from any computer or smartphone.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Is this system private? Yes
- Who do I contact with questions? Shea Watson, 804-253-1993 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do I sign up? Stop by the front desk, provide your email address, and complete the Patient Portal Authorization form and you will be on your way to having easy access to your health record.
- What should I not email my doctor? Life threatening questions and concerns; the Patient Portal is not intended for use in Emergencies. Please call 911 or go to the Emergency Department.
- What results will I see on the Patient Portal? All published labs will be available. Please note that some labs will never be published (normal or abnormal) such as HIV, STD, and other labs needing explanations from your Primary Care Provider.
- What response time should I expect? All messages will be responded to within 2 business days
- Why should I use the Patient Portal? The portal gives you 24/7 access to your medical information from the comfort and privacy of your own home or office!