So, what is Ryan White?
The Ryan White CARE Act is the federal legislation that addresses the unmet health needs of persons living with HIV and AIDS. The Wellness Center is funded through Ryan White, making it possible for us to provide clients with comprehensive medical coverage at little cost, if any, to the client. Ryan White funded programs, like ours, are utilized as the “payer of last resort,” meaning that the clients who come into care have exhausted all other means of paying for their medical care. Without insurance and an annual income greater than the limits set forth by Ryan White, clients can come into care and receive optimal healthcare for virtually nothing!
What if I do not qualify for Ryan White?
Don’t worry! Even if you do not meet the income criteria for Ryan White, you can still enroll as a client at CAHN. You will be expected to pay a co-pay at each visit, which will be determined through a financial screening process. We also accept Medicaid, Medicare, Virginia Coordinated Care (VCC), and most other insurance providers as well.
Our staff is trained to treat, manage and educate clients with HIV/AIDS and teach them how to self-manage their well-being. The following medical and supportive services are available:
- HIV Specialty Care (Physical and Gynecological Exams)
- Health, Psychological and Social Assessments
- Individual and Group Counseling Support or Referral
- HIV Education, Nutrition, Self Management & Care
- Vaccinations, Prescriptions and ADAP Medication Enrollment
- Mental Health & Substance Abuse Counseling and Dental Referrals
- Referrals to Food Pantries, Emergency Shelters, Financial Assistance
Phyllis Mann, M. Ed., MS, CSAC
Joy Zeh, FNP-BC
Carnell Adkins, Sr.
Jamey Scott, LPN
Hours of Operations:
The Wellness Center is open Monday through Friday from 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. and is located at the Vernon J. Harris Medical and Dental Center.